Listen to this post!
Resolutions are a hot topic this time of year. At some point or another, we’ve all gotten out a pen and pad of paper to write down our lofty aspirations for the next 12 months. And we’ve all also rolled our eyes at the “new year, new me” trope that returns every year. The pressure to set (or reset) goals settles in almost as soon as the clock strikes midnight on January 1st. For some people, they feel they could do without the added anxiety.
While this kind of goalsetting isn’t for everybody, creating realistic intentions can be a way to gauge growth and hold yourself accountable. At Strategic, we believe that continual improvement and honesty are important qualities for a company to have (they’re part of our Values of Respect, Reliability and Responsibility). We’d like our customers and team members to be able to trust in our commitment to the company Brand Promise, Purpose and Values.
We’ve got 5 resolutions for 2023. We plan to use these to help us (and you) track how we are doing throughout the year. One of our Strategic Advisors says, “If it isn’t written down, it didn’t happen,” so here’s us writing them down.
In 2023, we will…
- Deliver Respectful, Responsible & Reliable service to the communities we serve.
- Provide managers and residents with expert resources for best trash management practices.
- Support our team members with improved benefits, classes and training, so they can continue to grow professionally and personally.
- Protect the environment through existing and new ways for recycling and reuse, and to use natural resources responsibly.
- Care for our local and global community through volunteer opportunities and financial donations.
This is our promise to our customers and team members. We’ll be checking ourselves throughout the year to see how we’re faring.
What about you? Are you planning to set resolutions for the upcoming year?